Today’s post is written by Professor Cathy Day, Ball State University’s campus liaison for the New York Arts Program. Learn more about the program and how to apply in the post below.
A Dream Semester for Future Arts Professionals
The application deadline is approaching for the New York Arts Program, a domestic off-campus study program. Students interested in careers in arts, media, publishing, museums, marketing, advertising, or other creative industries should apply. You’ll receive 16 credits from Ohio Wesleyan University.
- Prof. Cathy Day is the campus liaison.
- She is holding an information session on Valentine’s Day, Friday Feb. 14, from 11-1 in Robert Bell 361.
- She’ll be available the rest of the day to answer questions. Sign up for an appointment with her at www.tinyurl.com/DayHours.
- Applications for Fall 2014 will be due to NYAP by March 31 via their online system.
BSU + NYC
This program is new to Ball State, and it’s not just for English majors. We’ve sent a number of students already, and here’s what they did:
Kelly Stacy (English) interned at the famed Bowery Poetry Club
Tyler Fields (English) interned for the publicist Lauren Cerand, the literary mag Maggy, and at DAP: Distributed Arts Publishers, who offered him a job.
Fred Robinson (TCOM) will be interning at Rumur, a small indie production company.
Nicole Wilson (TCOM) will be interning in the music department at Saturday Night Live.
How to Apply
Students must submit:
- Admissions statement
- Critical-writing sample
- 2 letters of recommendation
- academic transcript
Application forms are available at www.nyartsprogram.owu.edu.
Are you interested in a “dream semester” living and working in New York City? Then you should definitely apply.
To stay connected and up to date on information, please like the Facebook page administered by Prof. Day.