Which of these thoughts has ever crossed your mind?
[Check all that apply.]
“I want to belong to something. How do I get involved?”
“Am I taking the right classes to graduate?”
“I know I like English, but what should I focus on?”
“I know I should do an internship. How do I make that happen?”
“What am I going to do with my life?”
Get the answers to these and lots of other questions at our Advising Sessions!
English Advising Sessions
All sophomores are REQUIRED to attend a session.
- Attendance will be taken.
All other students are ENCOURAGED to attend a session.
- This is for all English majors except English Education. They have their own advising session.
- We’d really love to see lots of first years and juniors there, too!
When and Where
Wednesday, Jan. 21st, 7:30-9:30 PM
Thursday, Jan. 22nd, 12:30-2:00 PM
Robert Bell 125.
Why you should go
- It’s required (if you’re a sophomore).
- You’ll get to meet Prof. Todd McKinney, the new advisor for all sophomores.
- You’ll learn about all the different concentrations and get a better idea of which program you’d like to pursue in the years ahead.
- You’ll learn about professional opportunities, internships, immersive learning, cool classes, cool clubs, etc.
- You’ll learn how to use DegreeWorks like a champ.
- You’ll save your sanity and ease your fears about the future.
If you can’t go
All handouts will be available here: http://tinyurl.com/bsuenglish-advising
Sophomores take note!
- You have to go to one of these sessions.
- You have to meet with Prof. Todd McKinney at least once this semester.
- You’ll meet him in the new Advising Center: Robert Bell 246
- To schedule an appointment with Todd McKinney, call 285-8584