The DOMA Insider has been providing the community with behind-the-scenes stories and reviews of events in the David Owsley Museum of Art for over two years. Content for the DOMA Insider is written by students, with the goal of providing the community with an insider’s perspective of the museum. We hope the blog posts allow you to experience the museum in a new way and allow you to keep in touch with all that is happening at the museum. Below is an introduction of the new DOMA Insider writers.

Capture5654My name is Hailey Beard. I am a second year graduate student working on a master’s degree in public relations. I decided to work as a public relations assistant here because not only do I love museums, but I also love the David Owsley Museum of Art. I feel as though this museum is able to offer a great deal of cultural diversity, as well as a vast variety of events. My ultimate goal is to be able to use my time here as the basis for my final capstone project. I would love to do public relations work at a museum after I graduate, and I appreciate the experience that working here will provide me.

IMG_6593dfsjkldfMy name is Trevor Campbell and I am a senior, undergraduate student at Ball State. I am from Fort Wayne, Indiana and currently studying Visual Art Education and Art History. This semester I am working as the educational intern here at DOMA and I hope to help incorporate STEM education within the museum. One of my goals it to discover ways to bridge the gap between art museums and art classrooms. Capture25

My name is Caitlin Harrison. I am a second year graduate student in the Anthropology Department with an interest in historic museums. My goal is to work as a collections manager for the National Park Service after graduation. I chose to apply for the collections management internship here at the David Owsley Museum of Art because I want to gain as much museum experience as I can before graduating in May. I hope to use my time this semester to familiarize myself with the museum’s collections and procedures as well as increase my experience working with collections. I can’t wait to see what this semester brings my way!

Capture55My name is Taylor Henderson. I am a first year graduate student at Ball State’s College of Architecture and Planning. I will be working with the DOMA modeling and digital floor plans and gallery layout to facilitate exhibition planning, as well as other activities. I am happy that I have the opportunity to combine my interests in art and architecture in this internship. I spent a lot of time at DOMA during my years as an undergraduate and am happy to now be working at the museum behind-the-scenes.