At the fall opening convocation for the university, 5 College of Sciences and Humanities faculty were recognized for their outstanding service and contributions to the university. The effort these hard-working individuals put into their teaching, research, and advocacy is hard to overstate and without equal. Today, we recognize and celebrate their achievements and positive impact on their students, peers, and working environment.

The 2024 Outstanding Faculty Award Winners demonstrate peerless dedication to their research areas and students inside and outside of the classroom. Through their efforts, they elevate the college to a new level and help students achieve their most ambitious goals. They deserve to be recognized for their exemplary work.

When asked how she felt after receiving her award, Dr. Kiesha Warren-Gordon, CJC, said receiving her award was a welcome suprise.

“I was shocked. I think I screamed. I’m thankful that my colleagues recognize the work that I put into all that I do on this campus. Coming to work on this campus everyday is a joy and privilege. My hope is that my work advocating for students and others on campus sets an example for others to do the same thing.”

The 2024 Outstanding Faculty Award Winners are:

Excellence in Teaching Award

Dr. Jason Ribblet

Assistant Teaching Professor of Chemistry

Outstanding Diversity Advocate Award

Dr. Kiesha Warren-Gordon

Professor of Criminal Justice and Criminology

Outstanding Research Award

Dr. Sergiy Rosokha

Associate Professor of Chemistry

Outstanding Junior Faculty Award

Dr. Douglas Roossien

Assistant Professor of Biology

Outstanding Faculty Award

Dr. Ahmed Mohammed

Professor of Mathematical Sciences

Dr. Mohammed said receiving this honor reinforces his commitment to his students and work.

“Winning this award serves as a great encouragement for me to further dedicate myself to my passion for scholarly work, teaching, and service.”

“While my scholarly work is my greatest contribution, I also derive great joy from teaching and mentoring aspiring students in mathematical research,” Dr. Mohammed said. “I want to express my gratitude to all my colleagues and the staff in the Department of Mathematical Sciences for their support and assistance, without which this award would not have been possible.”

Dr. Rosokha said receiving this award validates his work in the laboratory.

“Receiving the Outstanding Research Award is an incredible honor that underscores the dedication and passion I’ve invested in my work,” Dr. Rosokha said. “This recognition validates the countless hours spent exploring how the smallest chemical particles interact, contributing to the development of efficient synthetic procedures and a deeper understanding of environmental and biological processes. It also reinforces my commitment to engaging students in research within this fascinating field. I look forward to continuing our joint efforts and striving even harder in my research journey.”

Please join us in thanking our wonderful faculty for all they do and the difference they make in our university and our students’ lives.

Read more about our wonderful faculty.