We are happy to offer a warm welcome and introduction to Ball State alumna and one of CSH’s new faculty members: Lauren Frasier.

Lauren Frasier (she/her) joined the Department of Psychological Science this semester as an Assistant Lecturer of Psychological Science. Lauren currently teaches PSYS 284: Research Methods in Psychological Science, PSYS 295: Career Planning in Psychology, and PSYS 362: Motivation and Emotion.

Where are you from?

I am a proud Ball State graduate now living in Fishers with my husband and nine-year-old son. I’m originally from Northwest Indiana. The Chicago accent sneaks out occasionally.

What are some of your hobbies/non-academic interests?

Our family loves to travel. Last year we went to Colombia. This year, the Bahamas, the Canary Islands, and Japan are on our list. My son and I are teaching ourselves Japanese to be prepared for this trip that we’ve postponed since COVID began. I also enjoy exercising and running, recently completing a half marathon and I now have my sights on a full marathon in 2023 if I can stay injury-free.

What are some of your goals for your first year as a staff member here?

I am a Ball State alumnus and felt very connected to the department when I was here. My goal is to provide the same feelings of comfort and belonging to other students in the psychology department.

For more information about the Department of Psychological Science and other faculty, visit our website, blog, or contact our office.