Three Teachers College students volunteered to make short videos to share with students considering Ball State Teachers College. We would love to give you a look at who these students are, and how their videos turned out. First up, is Adiyah Williams.

Name:Adiyah Williams on Boat

Adiyah Williams (She/Her)

Major/Minor:

Elementary Education

Concentration:

Kindergarten/Primary

Expected graduation date:

December 2022

Hometown:

South Bend, Indiana

What made you want to become an educator/teacher?

I want to be an educator to make a positive impact on young learners. I enjoy watching students learn and grow inside and outside their learning environment. Working with children has always been something I loved, and I want to influence a student’s life like many of my past teachers.

What made you choose Ball State?

I chose Ball State because I saw that it was a welcoming environment with a variety of campus activities for students. The campus was a perfect size for me and is not too far from my hometown. I also heard great things about their education program!

What is your favorite part of your experience at Ball State so far?

My favorite experience so far at Ball State is being a part of the Cardinal Teachers Corps. for Teachers College. We were able to meet with various High School students and potential new students and talk about our experiences here at Ball State as elementary education majors. I loved this experience because I was able to build my communication skills as well as meeting a lot of new students here at Ball State in my major.

Adiyah Williams Football GameDo you have any plans for what you would like to do after you graduate?

After I graduate, I plan to live with two of my roommates in Indianapolis hopefully teaching in a Kindergarten or 1st grade classroom.

Are you involved with any campus organizations?

Currently I am a member of the Cardinal Teachers Corporation and a mentor in the Future Mentoring Program.

Do you have any hobbies?

My hobbies include hanging out with my roommates, traveling, going to Ball State sporting events, and binge-watching shows on Netflix or Hulu.

Fun fact about yourself:

A fun fact about myself is this year I had the opportunity to be a girls 7/8th grade basketball coach!

Is there anything else you would like to add? Any fun projects you are working on? Favorite class/professor? Etc.

My favorite course at Ball State has been my EDEL 300/EDRD 300 course with Professor Rebecca Brown. I was able to expand my teaching philosophy and she provided quality feedback that I have continued to use throughout my time here.

Adiyah’s Admissions Video: