Ball State Graduate Bicycles Coast-To-Coast to Support Public Education
The Latest from TC
ABA Student’s Senior-Year Diagnosis Made Graduation a Steep Climb
Burris Laboratory School Recognized as One of State’s Best High Schools
Ball State’s Teachers College Awarded $2.9 Million Grant to Fund COVID-19 Student Learning Recovery Programs
Ball State’s Research Design Studio Examines Impact of Early Literacy Program in Hancock County
Teachers College Alum Named Regional Indiana High School Principal of the Year
Burris Laboratory School Adopts Project-Based Learning Model for Middle School
Dr. Sheron Fraser – Burgess Is Visiting Scholar at Wellesley Centers for Women
Meet Dr. Rachel Geesa, 2020-2021 Graduate Faculty Inclusive Excellence Award Winner
Immersive Learning Project with the Second Harvest Food Bank
Three Teachers College faculty were honored with Outstanding Awards during the 2021 Ball State Fall Opening Convocation on Friday, August 20, 2021.
- Dr. David McIntosh, Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Strategic Initiatives, and the David and Joanna Meeks Distinguished Professor of Special Education, was given the Outstanding Administrator Award.
- Dr. S. Serena Shim, Professor of Educational Psychology, was given the Outstanding Research Award.
- Dr. W. Holmes Finch, George and Frances Ball Distinguished Professor of Educational Psychology, was given the Outstanding Faculty Award.
Congratulations to all the 2021 Teachers College Outstanding Award winners!
- 2021 Teachers College Outstanding Research Award Winner
Gerardo Ramirez, Department of Educational Psychology
- 2021 Teachers College Outstanding Service Award Winner
Evette Simmons-Reed, Department of Special Education
- 2021 Teachers College Outstanding Teaching Award Winner
Lauren Mims, Department of Educational Psychology
- 2021 Teachers College Outstanding Professional Staff Award Winner
Katie Miller, Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities
- 2021 Teachers College Outstanding Staff Award Winner
Cary Witter, Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities
- 2021 Teachers College Outstanding University Schools Teaching Award Winner
Eli Jones, Burris Laboratory School
- 2021 Teachers College Outstanding PDS Mentor Award Winner
Heidi Keever, Grissom Elementary School
- 2021 Teachers College Dean’s Citation for Outstanding Service
Lisa Carmichael, Teachers College Dean’s Office
- 2021 Teachers College Dean’s Citation for Outstanding Leadership
Scott Hall, Department of Early Childhood, Youth, and Family Studies
More from TC
- Dr. Argnue Chitiyo and Dr. Dr. Andy Markelz have created a new peer-reviewed, open-access, journal in the field of special education teacher preparation. The journal is called the Journal of Special Education Preparation.
- Ball State University has announced the appointment of Dr. Abigail E. Comber as interim principal at Burris Laboratory School for the 2021-22 academic year.
- Ball State University has announced the appointment of Dr. Dain Kavars as Executive Director of the Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities.
- Professor Dr. W. Holmes Finch and Associate Professor Dr. Maria Hernandez Finch from the Department of Educational Psychology published Poverty and Covid-19: Rates of incidence and deaths in the United States during the first 10 weeks of the pandemic in the journal Frontiers of Sociology. To date, it has been viewed over 82,000 times.
- Dr. Patricia Clark, Dr. Eva Zygmunt, Dr. Susan Tancock, and Dr. Kristin Cipollone authored a book, The Power of Community-Engaged Teacher Preparation, which was recently published by Teachers College Press.
- Department of Educational Studies professor Dr. Sheron Fraser-Burgess was awarded a 2021 Society of Professors of Education Outstanding Book Award for her book, Making Sense of Race in Education: Practices for Change in Difficult Times.
The Alumni Directory gives you access to a database of more than 197,000 Ball State alumni. Use the directory to make connections with fellow classmates, update your personal information, or let us know about the great things you are doing for publication in the Alumni magazine’s Class Notes section.
Copyright © 2021 Ball State University, All rights reserved. News and updates from Ball State University’s Teachers College.