- All CAP FACULTY MEETING – Wednesday, March 29 AB 100, 12-1 p.m.
Voting to elect faculty representatives to university committees. Please plan on attending, lunch will be served.
Monday, April 3 | 4 PM | AB100
CAP Guest Lecture, Adam Thies and Jonathan Racek, Lecture and Exhibit Featuring the Work of Mies van der Rohe in Indiana. More information here.
Monday, April 10 | 4 PM | AB100
Lecture by Clover Lee, Objects in Mirror are Closer than They Appear. More information here.
- GRADUATE STUDENT APPRECIATION WEEK – April 3rd – 7th
- ONE BALL STATE DAY $500 DEPARTMENT CHALLENGE– April 5th
This year for OBSD Dean Ferguson is donating $500 to the CAP department/program fund (Arch, LA, ID, UP, CM) with the largest increase in the number of distinct donors from last year. (Note, if your fund number is new this year, it will not count, FYI…everyone used their general fund numbers last year)
- TOUR THE ALLEY HOUSE! – April 8th & 15th | Full Schedule
201 N. Temple Ave, Indianapolis
It’s been two years researching, designing, and building the Alley house and it’s ready! The Solar Decathlon team is excited to invite you to tour the student-designed duplex.
- Alley House Neighborhood Party – Saturday, April 8 | 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
This family-friendly event will feature food, music, an Easter egg hunt with small prizes for children, and a tour of the duplex. Information about The Alley House will be available onsite.
- Ball State Day at The Alley House – Saturday, April 15 | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
This day will feature games, music, food, and educational tours. This event is open to the public. It will also be a special opportunity for Ball State faculty, staff, students, and alumni to gather in celebration of The Alley House. Guest speakers expected to be in attendance include President Mearns, Dean Ferguson, faculty leads, and student team leads.
- CAP STUDENT ACADEMIC AWARDS – Monday, April 17 | Noon – 2 p.m. | CAP Atrium
- ALUMNI AWARDS DINNER – CAP EAB in town – Monday, April 24 | 5:30 reception, 6:00 dinner, 7:00 awards – please consider attending (no cost).
- SCHOLARSHIP & DONOR RECOGNITION LUNCHEON – Sunday, April 30 | 11:30 a.m. | Alumni Center Assembly Hall
- SPRING COMMENCEMENT – Saturday, May 6 | 10 a.m. | Quad
The main university ceremony will be held Saturday, May 6 at 10 a.m. in the Quad. Faculty should plan to arrive by 9:45 a.m. and are encouraged to greet students, etc. Faculty have a reserved seating section. There will be no faculty line-up, so faculty can go straight to their reserved seating.
The college ceremony will be held in at 12:30 pm in Emens Auditorium. This year’s guest speaker is Damon Hewlin, Principal at Meticulous Design + Architecture. Faculty will have reserved seating. We will coordinate line-up for faculty and students with processional to follow. Details will follow closer to the event.
If you would like to attend, could you let Lori Pence know by April 21. Please include if you are attending the main university ceremony, the CAP ceremony, or both ceremonies. Thank you.
Additionally, the Dean’s office is planning a Graduate Celebration Reception immediately after the college ceremony. This is a great time to meet parents, take photos and provide advice to our future alumni. Everyone is invited. If you are interested in helping at the ceremonies or reception, please let Lori know. We can always use your help.
- FIELD TRIP WEEK REMINDER
2023 Fall Field Trip Week – October 2 – 6. Large trips (Canada, Chicago) must submit preliminary budgets to Melanie Smith by June 1, and get contracts signed, etc. prior to the start of the fall semester.