The Addictions Coalition of Delaware County was co-organized by Dr. Dane Minnick and Dr. Jonel Thaller. The coalition has over 150 members from the Delaware County community including faculty, staff, and students from Ball State University. The mission of the coalition is to represent a strategic community–academic partnership between Delaware County and Ball State, which seeks to increase the harm-reduction, prevention, and treatment community capacities in the county and unify the effort to address addiction in the region.
The coalition seeks to:
- bring the resources, energy, and expertise of Ball State to the community
- assist in implementing strategic projects proposed by Delaware County residents, organizations, and BSU personnel
- serve as an organizational gateway and networking platform for the ongoing addiction prevention, treatment, and harm-reduction efforts in Delaware County
- provide resources on evidence-based practices, environmental strategies, and grant funding opportunities
- incorporate an interdisciplinary approach to addressing substance use issues in Delaware County. You can learn more about these efforts by visiting the coalition’s Facebook.