The Ball State University Foundation Top 100 Student Awards recognizes 100 outstanding junior and senior undergraduates at Ball State University who represent Beneficence both in and out of the classroom. We are thrilled to highlight the winners from Teachers College. Next up is MiKayla Kirkling.

Major:

Early Childhood Education

Projected Graduation Date:

Fall 2025

Hometown:

Columbus, Ohio

What made you choose Ball State?

I transferred to Ball state this past fall from Temple University in Philadelphia primarily because of the amazing education program!

What made you want to become an educator/teacher?

My love and passion for serving others, building up the future generation and creating a positive experience that all children deserve are the main reasons why I aspire to become a teacher in the future!

Do you have any plans for what you would like to do after you graduate?

I want to hop straight into my teaching career and possibly travel to some tropical destinations like Turks and Caicos or Jamaica!

Do you have any hobbies? If so, what?

I love babysitting, traveling to the Dominican Republic, spending time with family and friends, cooking and baking!

Fun fact about yourself:

My favorite dish is Arroz con pollo!

Is there anything else you would like to add? Any fun projects you are working on? Favorite class/professor? Etc.:

Professor [Jennifer] Young has had a huge impact on my successful transition to Ball State! During my first semester, I took ECYF 265 with Professor Young and it was nothing short of an amazing experience. I’m so grateful to have worked alongside such an amazing professor and fellow students!

Congratulations MiKayla!

Congratulations to all of the Teachers College Top 100 Students:

*Abbey Armstrong

Isabella Barounes

*Kathryn Burbrink

Jada Cooper

Nicole Diaz-Castillo

*Madison Groves

Stacia Hazlett

Mikayla Kirkling

*Lauren Langness

*Alexa Leisure

Kendra Loos

*Leah Meersman

Cole Miller

Sarah Owens

Erin Rossiter

*Isabella Watts

*Aubrey Wilson

*=Top 50