During halftime of the Ball State University men’s basketball game versus Buffalo on Tuesday, January 24, Teachers College Dean Anand Marri and TC doctoral student Austin Macy succeeded in securing a win at the seventh Cardinal Deans’ Shootout.
The shootout began during the 2014-2015 school year. Each year the deans partner with a student from their college and they try to make as many free throws as possible during the timed contest. The duo with the most combined free throws made is crowned champion and win possession of the coveted traveling trophy for a year.
Since its inception, Teachers College has brought the trophy home three times, more than any other college at Ball State.
Dean Marri’s student partner this year, Austin Macy, is a doctoral student in the Department of Educational Psychology. He is currently examining how students make career decisions and the effects of those decisions on their well-being. In addition to the rigors of earning a PhD, Macy also works full time as a career coach at the J. Kruse Education Center.
Congratulations to Dean Marri and Austin Macy!
Past Cardinal Deans’ Shootout Champions
- 2014-15 – Building Better Communities
- 2015-16 – Teachers College (with Dean John Jacobson)
- 2016-17 – Shootout not conducted
- 2017-18 – The Office of the Provost
- 2018-19 – R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning
- 2019-20 – Teachers College (with Interim Dean Roy Weaver)
- 2020-21 – Shootout not conducted
- 2021-22 – R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning
- 2022-23 – Teachers College (with Dean Anand Marri)