Thirty-three of the 200 high-achieving high school and college students who were awarded a Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education will be attending Ball State University in the fall.

The next Ball State winner we are highlighting is Emily Adams.

Name:

Emily Adams (She/Her)

Hometown:

Greentown, Indiana

High School:

Eastern High School

HS Graduation Date:

June 5, 2022

Emily Adams TrumpetDid you participate in any extracurricular activities in high school?

I was part of the band program all through middle and high school. I was on the science team, and I also actively tutored multiple K-12 students in all subjects for a few years.

What are you planning on studying at Ball State?

Elementary Education and Special Education/Exceptional Needs Teaching (dual major)

What makes you want to become an educator/teacher?

I have been working with children for years now, and I have always known I would continue down that path. I have loved every student I have ever worked with, and I want to continue loving my students. I want to help give children the chance to grow and succeed at everything they do, and I want to give that chance to every child.

What made you choose Ball State?

I had heard that Ball State was the place to be if you wanted to go into education, and since I was not drawn to anywhere else, I quickly made it official. Fortunately, as I have learned about Ball State and all of its excellent programs and opportunities, I now know that this is 100% the best decision I could have made.

When you think about heading to college in the fall, is there something you are most excited about/looking forward to?

I am excited to get my finalized schedule in order to start developing my routine. I am looking forward to being able to organize my life however I would like instead of considering the needs of five other people!

Emily Adams PhotographyDo you have any hobbies? If so, what?

I do enjoy reading and doing artsy things in my spare time. However, I often do not have spare time, so I try to enjoy what little I have outside. When I was young, I became enamored with photography, and I still really love it.

Fun fact about yourself:

I have a fish named Steven and a small plant named Patrick.

Congratulations Emily!