Thirty-three of the 200 high-achieving high school and college students who were awarded a Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education will be attending Ball State University in the fall.

The next Ball State winner we are highlighting is Hannah Bennington.

Hannah Bennington Leaves

Name:

Hannah Jo Bennington (She/Her)

Hometown:

Washington, Indiana

High School: 

North Daviess Jr-Sr High School

HS Graduation Date:

May 27, 2022

Did you participate in any extracurricular activities in high school?

I was a four year member of choir, BETA, science, and French club. Three year member of drama club and The North Daviess Singers Ensemble, and one year member of color guard. I am also a ten year member of 4-H, and have participated in many different choirs through my church and community.

What are you planning on studying at Ball State?

I am planning to study vocal and general music education at Ball State, along with a minor in math.

What makes you want to become an educator/teacher?

I have been inspired to be a teacher by many of my own past teachers, but I have ultimately wanted to become a teacher ever since I started school. I love to help people learn and understand music and math. I also enjoy being around people who are learning.

What made you choose Ball State?

I chose Ball State because they have the best programs around, and because my choir teacher went there and many other teachers of mine have recommended it.

Hannah Bennington Choir

When you think about heading to college in the fall, is there something you are most excited about/looking forward to?

I am most excited to participate in choir, meet new people, and further my music education.

Do you have any hobbies? If so, what?

My hobbies include 4-H, singing in choirs, and traveling.

Fun fact about yourself:

I enjoy going to county and state fairs during the summer, and usually exhibit 40-50 projects at my local 4-H fair.

Congratulations Hannah!