Kalyn Melham, Muncie native and former Miss Ball State, was crowned Miss Indiana in late June. Melham completed her undergraduate degree in May of 2023 and is set to walk across the stage in July with her graduate degree in Information and Communication Sciences. 

Melham has been an IT employee since 2023, serving as the Project Management Graduate Assistant for the Digital Corps. In her Digital Corps role, Kalyn supports undergraduate students while ensuring projects are completed and within client needs. 

Melham’s journey to the Miss Indiana crown is a testament to her work ethic, leadership, and talents. As Miss Indiana, Melham will have the opportunity to work on various initiatives close to her heart throughout the state and represent Indiana at the annual Miss America competition in January of 2025.  

Melham’s primary community service focus as Miss Indiana will be Advocating for Change through Theatre (ACT), an initiative she started to impact charities all over the world through live performance. From cabarets to musicals, Melham’s work with ACT has helped raise funds for organizations in Muncie and beyond, including the Riley Children’s Foundation and Second Harvest Food Bank. 

“Stepping into [this role] was always a dream and adoration of mine. To actually live out this dream—I cannot fully comprehend it yet,” Melham said. “I am overwhelmed with love and positivity from my family and peers. It proves that in Indiana, we spread kindness, and I hope to do the same as I serve my community and represent us at Miss America this year.” 

Ball State University is incredibly proud of Melham’s achievement, and we look forward to supporting her as she embarks on this exciting new chapter. Her success is a shining example of what it means to be a Cardinal.