Chuck Gin, Enterprise Application Specialist for Enterprise Information Systems, has been a professional staff member at Ball State since January 2019. Gin is known for his can-do attitude, great work ethic, and willingness to tackle any task — even if it means coming in on weekends to update systems on campus. On August 3rd he was awarded a 2023 IT Director Award for his outstanding contributions to the goals of Information Technology. 

“I was humbled to win this award since we have so many others in my group that could have easily been nominated. It’s nice to be appreciated and recognized,” said Gin. 

Gin’s nominator was Phil Shaffer, the Director of Enterprise Information Systems. With 28 years of experience at Ball State under his belt, Shaffer knew who to award when it came to his employees. 

“Chuck is a pleasure to work with and always has a can-do attitude. I nominated Chuck because of that as well as his extremely strong work ethic,” Shaffer said. “To keep our systems running, it often requires updates and patches during the evenings and weekends. In the past year I’ve had to ask Chuck to work a majority of those weekends to keep things running smoothly.” 

Chuck Gin truly exhibits the qualities necessary for a successful employee, so be sure to wish him congratulations!