bloggersThe DOMA Insider has been providing the community with behind-the-scenes stories and reviews of events in the David Owsley Museum of Art for nearly two years. Content for the DOMA Insider is written by student education assistants, with the goal to provide the community with a student’s perspective on the museum. We hope the blog posts allow you to experience the museum and a way to keep in touch with all that is happening at the museum. This semester there are three new writers for the DOMA Insider blog, Lauren Sherwood, Sami Ehrhart, and Donna Haggenjos. Below are a few words from the new DOMA Insider writers.

My name is Lauren Sherwood and I am looking forward to take on my new role as blogger for the DOMA Insider! Besides blogging for the museum, I have also started this semester as a new interpretive planning assistant. I work on the labels for new galleries that are about to open and other behind-the-scenes work in preparation for events going on in the museum. I am starting many new roles at the David Owsley Museum of art, however, for the past two years I have enjoyed visiting the museum and volunteering as a docent. I have enjoyed learning about the history of art as I’m working to become part of the art community. I am a junior ceramics major and sustainability minor here at Ball State. I plan to earn an MFA in ceramics and make a career as a studio artist.

Hi, I’m Sami Ehrhart and I am an intern here at the David Owsley Museum of Art this fall. I have also been a docent here for about a year. I am majoring in art history and I have a minor in German. I’m commuting this year from the small town of New Castle which is about a half hour south of Ball State. When I’m not on campus working at the museum or going to class, I’m back home working at my town’s one-screen movie theater. In addition to all that, this is my last semester as a college undergrad! I’m hoping that after graduation I will get a job (hopefully in a museum) and step foot into the world that is adulthood! But in the months leading up to that I’ll be busy, busy, busy working on my senior thesis, finishing major projects, and working here at the museum. I look forward to all the experiences the museum has to offer me, including these weekly blog posts for you guys to enjoy!

My name is Donna Haggenjos.  I am pursuing my master’s degree through the Department of History graduate program here at Ball State.  I entered the program in the spring semester of 2014.  The graduate department hosted an introductory seminar for new students.  This meeting was held in Recital Hall just outside the museum.  After the talk, I went on a self- guided tour of the museum.  I was enchanted by how lovely and delightful the museum was. I am brand new to the museum as an education assistant, but I look forward to learning about all the facets of this wonderful cultural gem!

We are all excited to share with you some interesting stories and events that take place at the David Owsley Museum of Art. We hope that you check back weekly for new blog posts by Sami, Donna, and myself!