2020 has been a challenging year for all of us. In light of that, we decided to celebrate the end of the year with a light-hearted holiday card featuring members of our CCIM family — students, alumni, faculty and staff. Let us know if you can find the twenty groups or individuals listed below!

1. CCIM students and faculty representing our college at the Ball State Day at the Statehouse
  2. 8 of our 2020 CCIM Awards recipients
  3. Sports Link student and faculty in Cardiff, Wales for the production of their feature-length Transatlantic Storytelling documentary
  4. Members of the student-run entertainment news show the Reel Deel
  5. Dean Paaige Turner and TCOM student Jordan Nemeth at the annual Cardinal Deans Shootout
  6. A group of CCIM faculty, alumni and industry partners participating in a workshop led by Assistant Dean Dan Waechter to map the future curriculum of CCIM
  7. Ball State’s mascot, Charlie Cardinal, in athletic, basketball and business clothing!
  8. TCOM grad Eamon Hegarty spreading St. Patrick’s day cheer on the day before our university switched to remote learning
  9. Communication Studies students and COMM Club advisor Kendra Mann gathered for a fun etiquette dinner
  10. A Zoom meeting where no one forgot to unmute their microphone before speaking
  11. Ball Bearings Magazine writer Corynne Menard rubbing Frog Baby’s nose for luck on finals week
  12. The three CCIM faculty members recognized as Ball State 2020 Outstanding Award recipients
  13. Journalism and TCOM faculty members at the Spring 2020 SuperParty
  14. Our Program Manager, Any Ung, at peaceful Black Lives Matter march organized by Ball State students
  15. TCOM grad and CEO of production company Fierce Little Bird Productions, Adam Allen, filming for Justin Jedlica, a.k.a. “the Human Ken Doll,” as he underwent the world’s first octuple leg implant surgery, performed by Dr. Barry Eppley
  16. The cast and crew of Ball State University’s late night comedy talk show BSU Tonight
  17. Journalism student and Wheel of Fortune phenomenon Christian Dixie, the first contestant to represent Ball State at the game show
  18. TCOM/Sports Link grad and video producer for the Carolina Hurricanes, Zac Miklusak, social distancing while exploring Bucket list items in NC, the state he’s called home for the past four years
  19. The anchors of NewsLink Indiana, Delaware County’s only live, local newscast.
  20. Public Relations student Eli Lucas on his first day of school as a junior. His quote is below.

“This photo is a great summary of my 2020. This was my first day of school as a junior; I was anxious, nervous, and cautiously excited for the Fall semester. I will never forget how it felt to go to campus for the first time since March. The bus was empty and marked with social distance reminders. I remember sitting in a seat thinking to myself “we’ve got this.” My cautious optimism helped get me through this pandemic. If this photo could say one word, it would be resilience. Every experience has brought me to where I am today. I’m thankful I go to a school that cares about students as much as Ball State University does” — Eli Lucas

Holiday card featuring CCIM students, alumni, faculty and staff on a snowy background

Want to share your story? Feel free to submit it using our story submission form.