Muncie, IN — August 23, 2020. The College of Communication, Information, and Media at Ball State University (CCIM) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2020 CCIM Awards.
- 2020 CCIM Community Connections Award: Becky McDonald, Assistant Professor of Journalism
- 2020 CCIM Distinguished Researcher Awards: Wes Gehring, George and Frances Distinguished Professor of Telecommunications, and Natalee Seely, Assistant Professor of Journalism
- 2020 CCIM Extraordinary Service Award: Stephan Jones, Professor of Information and Communication Sciences
- 2020 CCIM High Technology Award: Alex Kartman, Associate Lecturer of Telecommunications
- 2020 CCIM Professionalism Award: Brian Hayes, Senior Lecturer of Journalism
- 2020 CCIM Social Responsibility Award: Mike Gerhard, Associate Professor of Telecommunications
- 2020 CCIM Steward’s Award: Gary Graham, Journalism Alumnus
- 2020 CCIM Teaching Award: Kyle Heuett, Assistant Professor of Communication Studies
- 2020 CCIM Dean’s Faculty Award: Mary Moore, Associate Lecturer of Communication Studies
Department Chairs across all CCIM units nominated outstanding individuals within their department. CCIM Dean, Paaige Turner, Associate Dean, Tim Pollard, and 2019 CCIM Dean’s Faculty Award winner, Chris Taylor, selected the Award Winners. The awardee line-up was recognized at the CCIM Fall Assembly held virtually on August 21, 2020.
The CCIM Awards promote merit in communication, information and media education by honoring individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the college and their respective fields. Award winners serve as inspirational leaders to CCIM as they embody the enduring values represented by Beneficence—excellence, innovation, courage, integrity, inclusiveness, social responsibility, and gratitude.
The College of Communication, Information, and Media (CCIM) at Ball State University creates challenging educational experiences that prepare students for careers as ethical practitioners and scholars. Our college redefines the intersection of communication and technology while emphasizing the importance of human interaction. CCIM students are leaders and entrepreneurs who go into a breadth of fields. They know how to adapt quickly to a diverse and ever-changing global job market to ensure fulfilling careers and meaningful lives.