Ball State University student Brooke Braun of Frankfort, Illinois, aims to increase tourism in Indiana through her high-definition commercials featuring some of the state’s best amenities.

As part of a semester-long Ball State immersive learning course led by Telecommunications Lecturer Chris Flook, Braun and 11 other students partnered with the Indiana Office of Tourism and Development to produce high-quality promotional video content for Indiana sites. The students intend to fuel tourism by highlighting locations for memorable weekend getaways, scenic pit stops and enjoyable day trips.

“The pressure to deliver real client work was exciting, motivating and rewarding,” Braun said. “I especially loved visiting all of these sites and seeing how fun and unique tourism in Indiana really is. I hope our team’s work helps shed light on all of the beautiful amenities Indiana has to offer.”

The senior telecommunications and advertising double major worked as one of the producers on the team, leading the pre-production of the commercials by ensuring the entire crew was well-equipped for filming and communicating with the client venues.

The featured sites include Huber Winery, Joseph Decuis Restaurant and Farm, Albanese Confectionery, Beasley’s Orchard and the cities of Corydon and Vincennes.

“This is the third immersive learning project that I have done with Ball State, and it is the first time I have produced a commercial,” Braun said. “In my time at Ball State, I have always been presented with exciting opportunities, each one more challenging than the last. I continue to fall in love with this school over and over as I’m so grateful for my professors, fellow students and incredible opportunities.”

Follow Us