It’s going to be a beautiful day in the neighborhood!
The Office of Community Engagement is excited to partner with Ball State PBS for the return of Be My Neighbor Day!
Join Daniel Tiger for an afternoon of free fun 1-4 p.m. Saturday, June 10, at Canan Commons. The event will also include more than 25 booths (neighbors) offering hands-on activities – from sunflower planting to rock painting to puppet making – for the whole family.
This will be the first in-person Be My Neighbor Day since 2019 (the fifth anniversary) and the start of the pandemic (in 2020).
- Meet Daniel Tiger!
- Dance along to music by the Atomic Sharks!
- Visit our great neighbors from arts organizations, community centers and other awesome non-profit groups!
- Enjoy a performance by Youth Symphony Orchestra, too!
- Pick up your very own Be My Neighbor Day tote bag packed with goodies!
- Grab some tasty treats from one of the food trucks!
Based on the animated PBS KIDS show “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood,” and with a nod to “Mister Rogers Neighborhood,” this event focuses on the importance of being neighborly.
Be My Neighbor Day is presented by Ball State PBS, Midas, and the Ball State Office of Community Engagement, with major support from Wilhoite Family Dental, Lifestream Services, The Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County, Inspire Academy, and Heart of Indiana United Way.
For more information, go to www.ballstatepbs.org.