The Black Alumni Constituent Society (BACS) is passionate about highlighting black success and has recognized many individuals who embody Ball State’s values. These trailblazers have been recognized for their success, hard work, determination, and perseverance. Below, we spotlight four individuals who are making a significant impact on their communities.

Atieno Boyd, ’04
Licensed Social Worker and the Founder of a Food Truck and Catering Business

Atieno Boyd

Atieno Boyd

Boyd gives back to Ball State because she is reminded of all the people who poured their energy into her as a student. The support she received from her friends, family, and church were instrumental in her success as a student. Boyd loves that Ball State offers opportunities like the Black Alumni Constituent Society for black alumni. When asked why she continues to be involved with her alma mater, Boyd said, “I continue to stay involved with my alma mater to support student success. I remember the challenges and triumphs of being a college student, and my goal as an alumna is to support future generations.”

Ericka Flye, ‘92
Communications, Producing, Writing, and Television

Ericka Flye

Ericka Flye

Flye believes in helping students accomplish their goals, and by staying involved with Ball State after graduation, she has been able to do that. She feels that Ball State provides students with wonderful opportunities to grow and learn. These opportunities to learn are just one of the things that Flye loves about Ball State, and that the campus size is just right. “I give back to my alma mater because Ball State gave a lot to me,” Flye said. “Ball State provided the foundation that led to my career success. I enjoy helping students realize their potential and reach their dreams.” Flye’s favorite Ball State memory is reminiscing on the lifelong friendships she made while on campus.

Keith Robinson, ‘95
Associate Principal for Educational Services at Evanstown Township High School in Evanston, Illinois

Keith Robinson

Keith Robinson

One of Robinson’s favorite aspects of Ball State is how progressive the University is. He especially appreciates removing the SAT/ACT requirement from the admissions process and how focused Ball State is on having a diversified university population. He has continued to stay involved with Ball State because his academic experience allowed him to be a career educator. Robinson greatly values the lifelong friendships he made as a student, and some of his favorite Ball State memories include hanging out at Teacher’s College and the Office of Multicultural Affairs. When asked why he continues to give back to his alma mater, Robinson said, “I continue to give as my way of contributing to students, who, like me, need the support and access.”

Tammy Butler Robinson, ‘97
Owner and Managing Principal of Engaging Solutions at a Management Consulting Firm

Tammy Butler Robinson

Tammy Butler Robinson

Robinson’s favorite Ball State memory was when Dr. Linda Keys took her to buy a bed after believing her apartment was fully furnished. In Robinson’s words, “Dr. Key’s smile was like sunshine on a cloudy day.” She loves the sense of community, friendship, and fellowship that are found at Ball State. She stays involved because she believes that to whom much is given, much is required. When asked why she gives back to her alma mater, Robinson said, “I believe in the mission, admire the founders, and through my engagement, see the heart of the faculty and leadership firsthand. My experience at Ball State transformed my trajectory, my Ball State roommate is still my best friend, and I learned lessons that remain at my core. I want the next black, young adult woman without a bed to know she has the support she needs to achieve.”

Tim Walton, ‘89
President of NFLPA Detroit Chapter/FCA Program Manager

Tim Walton

Tim Walton

Walton’s connection to Ball State is through Director of Athletics Beth Goetz and her direction with sports at the University. He has been excited by the change and renovations completed within Athletics over the past 20 years. Walton’s most memorable day at Ball State was when he was selected for the Ball State Hall of Fame. When asked why he continues to give to his alma mater, Walton said, “To support the phenomenal work of Beth and her staff, along with Coach Neu and his staff.”

To learn more about the BACS, please visit the Black Alumni Constituent Society webpage.