Linda, pictured at center, with her DAISY Award Statue.

Dr. Linda L. Siktberg was honored with a DAISY Lifetime Achievement award from Ball Memorial Hospital on April 29, for her contributions to the nursing profession.

“I am honored and want to express my gratitude to the individuals who nominated me for the Daisy Lifetime Achievement Award. This recognition reflects my dedication to the nursing profession and indicates the qualities of mentoring, being an advocate, providing compassionate care, and advancing nursing as a professional. Through my professional nursing career, I have had various opportunities to collaborate with local, state, national, and international nurses and organizations to promote nursing as a profession. The Daisy Lifetime Achievement Award is an honor to my nursing professional endeavors,” said Linda.

A little background on the DAISY Foundation, which was “established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes who died from complications of the autoimmune disease Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP) at the age of 33. DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System. Our recognition programs express gratitude to nurses wherever they practice, in whatever role they serve, and throughout their careers – from nursing student through lifetime achievement.” According to the DAISY website.

The College of Health couldn’t be prouder of the work that Linda has done over her wonderful career which has impacted many at the University.
Linda says, “Reflecting on the years of service at Ball State University in the School of Nursing, I have appreciated collaborating with the numerous dedicated and esteemed School of Nursing faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate nursing students, College of Health leadership and faculty, and university faculty across colleges. I will miss the frequent interactions with colleagues and students, but I plan to stay connected through continued participation in scholarship activities with colleagues.”

Linda is retiring this year, after an impressive 41 years as a professor in the school of Nursing. She served as Chairperson from 2001 to 2023, an impressive 22 years leading their faculty and staff through big changes, such as, joining the College of Health in 2016, and the big move to the fourth floor of the Health Professions Building in 2019, and navigating through the changes in teaching and scholarship amid the Covid-19 Pandemic and the critical need for nurses throughout the world.
She will switch gears from supporting BSN students and teaching graduate courses in the Nurse Educator Concentration to more leisure activities with her family and grandchildren.
“I plan to create ancestry photo books for my sons, daughter, and grandchildren. Plan to continue to encourage and mentor emerging nursing leaders, nurse educators, and the next generation of professional nurses. I plan to continue serving as a Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) on-site evaluator. I will have time to become actively involved in Cardinals Connect. Once a nurse, always a nurse.” says Linda of her plans for retirement.
The College of Health is fortunate to have dedicated faculty and staff like Linda who have dedicated their careers to shaping future healthcare leaders. We wish you all the best in your retirement, Linda and congratulate you on your much deserved award. If you’d like to learn more about the School of Nursing Programs, you can visit our website.