The College of Health wants to extend a warm welcome to all parents, prospective students and their guests for Preview Day. We’re so thrilled you’re interested in learning more about the programs and careers we have to offer. The first floor of the Health Professions Building will have info tables with activities and giveaways. We’ll also have breakout sessions where you can learn a little bit more from our departments. If you’re interested in Kinesiology, their activities are in the Health and Human Performance Building, and there is a shuttle bus to take you there.
- 10:20 a.m. – Brief welcome remarks
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. – Students will attend breakout sessions for the top two department choices and visit information tables located in the Foyer.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Students will attend breakout sessions for their third and fourth choices and visit information tables in the Foyer.
- 12:30 – 1 p.m. Closing remarks and brief Q & A
- 1:00 p.m. – Visitors will be guided to lunch locations (North Dining, Woodworth, Atrium)
The Foyer booths will include information sessions, swag items, and other helpful resources from academic departments, as well as, Military Science (ROTC), Center for Peace and Conflict Studies, Health Library, Interprofessional Community Clinic, and a COH Photo Booth.
Breakout Session Details
School of Kinesiology HP Building
The first cohort of students/guests who were shuttled from the Student Center to HP will be dropped off at HB at the Riverside entrance at 11:30 a.m.
The second cohort of students/guests interested in visiting Kinesiology will be guided to the Riverside entrance, to board the shuttle around 12 p.m. and transported to HP. This session will last until 1 p.m. Visitors that dine at North Dining will be transported via shuttle bus from the HP building at 1:45 p.m. and dropped off at the Student Center.
- Students and families shuttled to HP, ushered into HP 200 classroom for introductory comments from program representative and students
- Four breakout groups will be formed, rotating through 4 “stations” to tour learning spaces in HP, Lewellen Pool, and the SWRC and fostering additional interaction with program representatives.
- The entire group will then be bussed to HB, where a 2nd group will be picked up and transported to HP for 2nd round.
- Respiratory therapy & radiography display
- Public Health Screener activity
- Nutrition Jeopardy
- Public Health Professionals vs Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Kahoot activity
Student Success Center HB 211
- Hands-only CPR
- grip strength, and
- overview of the center
Department of Social Work HB 301
- Iceberg activity
School of Nursing HB 302, 305, 306, 307, 321, 336, 338, 339
- A variety of simulation activities