Dr. Dominyse Carey joined the School of Nursing this fall as an assistant clinical professor of nursing.  She is a double alumnus, having completed her BSN in 2015, and the MS in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration in 2018. She rounded out her education with a Doctorate in Nursing Practice in 2021 at Indiana State, with a research focused area in Diabetes primary care. Prior to joining the faculty, she was a professor at Ivy Tech’s School of Nursing and has also worked at IU Health Physicians, Ascensions – St. Vincent Anderson, and various roles as a Registered nurse.
She is a Muncie native, being born here and residing here most of her life, at present with her partner Josh Davis, daughter Camryn (9), and son Carter (3).
She is active in the Muncie Community holding board seats on

• Juneteenth Muncie
  • Red Cross of Central Indiana
  • Muncie Community Engagement Council
  • Ball State Nursing Alumni Board
  • Motivate Our Minds Board

Her passion and driving force of life is freedom in various forms. “I’m passionate about finding the freedom in my profession – being able to educate new nurses and practice my skills to their fullest extent. Also finding financial freedom, along with social and creative freedoms for myself, my loved ones, and my community. Being an entrepreneur with my community involvements is really helping me fulfill my passion,” She said.  Dominyse currently owns & operates her own medical clinic – Rejuvenate Muncie LLC.
She offers advice to her students to never give up, “I tell my students to just keep pushing.  Nursing is a challenge so set realistic expectations but as long as you determination and drive you can be successful.”
Her dedication to students and to the community and healthcare profession has been recognized in being named this year’s Women in Business Unlimited 2022 Young ATHENA Award recipient, given for outstanding contributions and leaders in Muncie.