The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) Central Great Lakes Chapter will announce this year’s Emmy winners on June 17th, and Ball State is once again up for several awards.
The gala will be held in Cleveland, but the event will also be live-streamed on the chapter’s website, YouTube, and the NATAS app starting at 7:30 p.m.
The NATAS Central Great Lakes Chapter also announced the winners of this year’s Student Production Awards, recognizing several CCIM students’ work.
Central Great Lakes Emmy Nominations
- Chris Flook, senior lecturer of media in the Department of Media:
- “A Chris-Mystery Opening Title Sequence” in the Graphic Arts: Motion Graphics, Visual Effects, Composing, Art Direction category
- “Delaware County Historical Society” in the Historical/Cultural Programming category
- Faith Dening, ’22, & Peyton Monnell, ’22:
- “Thy Will Be Done: The Trey Uetrecht Story” in the Sports Documentary category
- Ben Yonker, producer and director:
- “Sunny Days: Meet the Founding Mothers of Ball State PBS” in the Nostalgia category
- Dr. Adam Kuban, professor, & George and Frances Ball Distinguished Professor of Multi-Media Journalism Dr. Jennifer Palilonis from the School of Journalism and Strategic Communication:
- “Match Point 2.0: The Rise of HBCU Men’s Volleyball” in the Diversity/Equity/Inclusion category
Student Production Awards
- Student Adam Duwel & Associate Lecturer of Media and Senior Director of Sports Production Chris Taylor:
- Winner in College Sports Story or Segment Category for “Ball State Volleyball: Angelos Mandilaris”
- Students Tristan Fluhr and Tyler Klimes & Associate Lecturer of Media and Senior Director of Sports Production Chris Taylor:
- Winner in College Sports Program category for “Sports Link Stories”
- Students Tristan Flur and Jovanni Alcantar & Associate Lecturer of Media and Senior Director of Sports Production Chris Taylor:
- Winner in College Live Sporting Event/Game category for “Ball State Basketball vs. Evansville”
- Student Josh Brunette and Associate Lecturer of Media and Senior Director of Sports Production Chris Taylor:
- Nominee in College Commercial Category for “Ball State Men’s Basketball 2022-23”
- Student Collin Phillips
- Nominee in College Editor Category