The Ball State University Foundation presents the Top 100 Student Awards. This award recognizes 100 outstanding junior and senior undergraduates at Ball State who represent Beneficence both in and out of the classroom. This is the first year of the program, and there were close to 200 applications. All applications were scored by a group of Ball State alumni from around the country.

* * *

Please join us in recognizing these outstanding students for their accomplishments:

• Eli Lucasa senior Public Relations major from Carmel, IN

“The best thing about Ball State University is the community here. The university is big enough to provide endless opportunities but small enough to make Muncie feel like home. Something that unifies all of us here is our Cardinal pride. I can always count on my peers, faculty, and alumni to provide support and propel me forward. Once a Cardinal, always a Cardinal!”

• Kwesi Rogersa senior Telecommunications major from Indianapolis, IN

• Erica Brinkley, a senior Communication Studies major from Danville, Indiana

“I feel like I have really flourished at Ball State because the faculty has been super involved at every step of the way.  Beyond just caring about my success in class, they also care about my passions and helping find opportunities for me to pursue those.  Communication Studies specifically is such a close-knit community.  I genuinely could not see myself anywhere else.”

• Olive Flicka senior Communication Studies major from Floyds Knobs

“My time at Ball State has provided me with several opportunities to make meaningful connections both in and out of the classroom. As my senior year is coming to a close, I am grateful for my comm studies family who supported me throughout the journey, and I am beyond excited to see where my education will take me in the future. ”

“My time at Ball State University had been nothing short of unique. From having to adjust to college life and then leaving during the COVID-19 pandemic, my first interactions with the University were different than what I expected. However, there were lots of highlights that I was able to find away. Now as a Senior, I’m so grateful to have gained the experience and exposure I have through CCIM and the School of Journalism and Strategic Communication. Ball State has given me the opportunity to find my wings and set forth on a path for greatness and success after I graduate!”

• Madeleine Mills-Craiga senior Public Relations major from Indianapolis, IN

“My favorite thing about Ball State is the people. From the amazing advisors and professors to the friendly and passionate students, I have found a friendly face in every area here. I’m so grateful for all the friends, mentors, and role models I have found during my time at Ball State.”
“I came into Ball State from out of state and completely blind. Getting involved on and off-campus allowed me to meet loads of new people, many of whom I would already consider lifelong friends. Ball State and the wonderful people I’ve met helped me through some very difficult times and for that, I will be forever grateful!”

• Jordyn Blythe, a senior Communication Studies major from Wesley Chapel, FL

• Duncan McLartya senior Advertising major from Indianapolis, IN

• Ben Hebera senior Journalism major from Carmel, IN

“People don’t realize how somebody’s whole life can be changed by one book, one course, and one connection. Knowledge is the passport to the future, but it’s okay to live and enjoy the moment with a box of donuts. When you look back at your time, what will it be for you?”

• Julia Mompera senior Communication Studies major from Fishers, IN

• Marissa Perkowskia senior Public Relations major from Fort Wayne, IN
“I wouldn’t be who I am today without Ball State University. I am incredibly grateful for all the faculty, staff, and fellow students that have influenced my undergraduate years, it’s been an experience I know I’ll treasure for forever.”

We look forward to recognizing all Top 100 Student Award recipients from 3–4 p.m. during One Ball State Day on April 5, 2022. A casual reception and award pick-up will occur during the event.

If you know an outstanding Ball State junior or senior who excels in academic excellence, campus leadership, and community impact, take a moment to submit your nomination for them.