On April 5, Ball State University hosted a virtual ribbon cutting ceremony for its state-of-the-art Esports Center.
“At Ball State, our beautiful campus is our canvas,” said Dan Marino, director of Ball State’s Esports program.”This Esports Center is our University’s latest addition, which improves the sense of place for our students.”
Ball State’s College of Communication, Information, and Media is the home of the University’s new Esports program. Ball State’s team is one of 12 members of the Mid-American Conference (MAC) to join the newly created independent Esports Collegiate Conference (ESC). The conference fields teams in League of Legends, Rocket League, and Overwatch divisions.
The 3,611-square-foot Esports Center located on campus in the Robert Bell Building features:
- State-of-the-art computers available for varsity team and classroom use
- Elevated Gameplay platform accommodating 6 vs. 6 esports competitions
- Stadium seating (capacity 50 seats)
- Interactive classroom with smart display (capacity 24 seats)
- Lounge area with next-generation console play
- Control room—hub for live, multicamera and gameplay steaming of events happening in the center and beyond
- Office space for esports director and graduate assistants
“Our program and new facilities will help us achieve our goal of enhancing academic offerings by bringing esports experiences into curricula across multiple disciplines including digital sports production, business, computer sciences, animation, and sport administration,” said Dr. Paaige Turner, Dean of the College of Communication, Information, and Media at Ball State.
If you missed the ribbon-cutting ceremony on April 5, watch the full broadcast below.
Interested to Know More?
- Follow @bsuesports on social media
- Email Dan Marino, Director of esports at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head to the Esports Center webpage: www.bsu.edu/academics/esports
Ball State University’s Esports Center in the News
- Ball State Debuts New Esports Center (Sports Video Group)
- Ball State University Cuts Ribbon on New 3,611 Square-Foot Esports Center (The Esports Observer)
- Ball State University Debuts Esports Center (Pioneering Minds)
- Ball State University Debuts Esports Center (Spaces4Learning)
- Ball State University to open esports center, ceremony set (WISH-TV)
- Ball Sate to Cut Ribbon on Esports Center (WISH-TV)
- Cardinal Esports members give an inside look on what goes on beyond the screen (Ball State Daily News)
- Area roundup: Ball State to celebrate new Esports Center (Star Press)
- Ball State to cut ribbon on Esports Center (InsideIndiana Business)
- Ball State Univesity inaugura centro de esports (RTParena)