Hello everyone and welcome to our monthly Good News outlet. Take a seat and learn about the things we did in January! Our program is about to start!
- TCOM grad Scott Adkins was recognized in Nashville Business Journal’s “40 Under 40.” Scott is president, founder, and CEO of Adkins Publicity, LLC. Read more.
- Journalism graduate and Navy sailor Chelsea Mandello creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members. Read more.
- TCOM/Journalism alumna Esther Bower shared her perspectives as a two-time IBA Scholarship winner. Watch here.
- Jenn Renoe, 2009 Advertising graduate, is listed in this year’s Yahoo! Finance’s TOP 100 OUTstanding LGBT+ Leaders of 2020. Jenn is listed as #24. Read more.
- CICS is partnering with The Indy CIO Network to offer a CIO/CTO Advanced Certificate Program. The program launches in February for 6 sessions. Read more.
- Over 30 individuals representing different areas on campus met virtually on January 22 for the first of six training sessions on Intergroup Dialogue. The initiative is co-sponsored by five units across campus. Faculty from our Communication Studies, Journalism and Telecommunications departments took part in the inaugural training.
- Ball State organized a virtual watch party of the Peyton’s Places episodes featuring CCIM alumni David Letterman.
- The U.S. News & World Report released their Best Online Programs of 2021 rankings and CICS placed at No. 21 in the best Online Master’s Information Technology Programs category. This recognition makes us one of the country’s best programs — and Indiana’s only school to be ranked in this category.
Faculty and Staff
- CBS News covered the software created by CICS’ Dr. Chris Davison and UC Irvine Professors created to monitor and alert people of COVID-19 safety issues. Watch here.
- TCOM Stan Sollars was part of a BSU team that recently provided its first white paper to Netflix. The purpose of the initial study was to determine a threshold of perception of compression-related digital audio artifacts resulting from employing different bit rates for a commercially available lossy codec in the “Advanced Audio Coding” family of lossy codecs. Read more.
- Amid the growing concerns and frustration over social media accounts and the tech companies deciding who to boot from their platforms, CCIM Dean Paaige Turner shared her perspectives with FOX59 News. Watch here.
- TCOM Chris Taylor spoke about Sports Link and what makes the program unique in this podcast.