Where is your hometown?

Cincinnati, Ohio

Where did you obtain your bachelor’s degree, and what was/were your major(s)?

I went to Huntington University and my major was in psychology with a minor in theatre.

What first interested you in social psychology?

After taking AP psychology, I was drawn in by the studies that really unlocked and revealed the nitty gritty of who we truly are as humans, which I think shows itself the most within group behaviors.

Why did you choose Ball State?

It was the only place out of over 30 schools I looked that had a MA program in social psychology. All of the others were just psychology with an emphasis in social psychology.

What do you think of your experience at Ball State as a Master’s student so far?

The first few weeks were rough. I felt like I was inherently going against the grain and maybe my big picture thinking made me look unprofessional, but I have adapted and think I am doing well. I ordered a book TWICE and it got lost both times but I have it now… But I got a 26/25 on a quiz so maybe that will help.

What are your research interests?

I love studying manipulation and compliance. Also group cohesion.

What are your future plans and career goals?

I want to be the professor that blows kid’s minds and makes them think deeper about the world. Think if Jim Carrey had to fill in for Robin Williams during the “Dead Poet’s Society” movie.

What are some of your favorite hobbies?

I like snuggling my wife. It takes up most of my time when I am around her. She smells good and is soft. Other than that, I love playing League of Legends, Super Smash Bros, longboarding (sorry pedestrians), hiking, being outside, and throwing a frisbee. I also love comedy. People need to laugh more.

What song would you say best sums you up?

“Seven” by Sleeping at Last, which is kind of ironic because I hate personality inventories and it is based off of the enneagram. But if you want a good look at the things that are going through my mind and things that I struggle with, listen to that song. I will say though, my walkout song for my wedding was “Dude (Looks Like a Lady)” by Aerosmith.

What fictional place would you most like to visit?

The love and acceptance of my fifth grade math teacher.

What movie have you watched the most?

Swiss Army Man.

How do you practice self care?

Carefully. It is a daily thing. I try to be proactive. Maybe I just sold a car but I am frazzled so I redo my hair, go to the restroom. Drink water. Reset. And do something apart from my routine to be able to mental reset. Longboarding at night or listening to a record on my record player is nice. Again, I drink a ton of water. Playing with my dogs or snuggling my wife always makes me happy. As always, I love laughing! So sometimes if I make a joke, maybe it is because I had a bad day.

Follow Us