Where is your hometown?

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Where did you obtain your bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and what were your major(s)?

I earned my BS in Psychology and minor in Business Administration from Loyola University New Orleans in 2014, and earned my MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Loyola University New Orleans in 2017.

What first interested you in counseling psychology?

The emphasis on diversity within the field and the career flexibility this discipline will allow me to have.

Why did you choose Ball State?

I appreciated the program’s focus on diversity and social justice throughout the curriculum.

After meeting the majority of the professors on interview day, I knew if I was offered admission, I would have support from the faculty. I knew they would challenge me to do the best work I am capable of doing, while also providing the necessary support or resources.

Dr. Hutchison’s research and passion for what she does is amazing and made me want to be under her advising or research team!

What do you think of your experience at Ball State as a doctoral student so far?

Love the campus and the weather is literally perfect almost every day! My cohort is super helpful and nice, as well as the faculty I have met! So far, so good!

What are your research interests?

My research interests include: trauma, military sexual trauma, diversity, and multicultural issues.

What are your future plans and career goals?

Ideally, I would like to work at a VA out-patient clinic, or hospital, working with survivors of military sexual trauma and eventually open up my own private practice. Doctors Without Borders is something I have always wanted to do and if I can fit that into my life at some point then I would love to do that.

What are a few of your favorite hobbies?

I love watching football, basketball, and baseball!

What song would say best sums you up

“Strength, Courage, and Wisdom” – India.Arie

What fictional place would you most like to visit?

Hmmm….Arendelle from Frozen but not in the winter.

What movie have you watched the most?

I think “The Little Mermaid” and “Save the Last Dance” are tied.

How do you practice self care?

I love working out (currently jogging), Facetiming with family and friends, binging shows on Netflix/Prime, reading, listening to music, and sometimes allowing myself to do nothing!

Follow Us