Ball State University seniors Vanessa Ramos and Lemuel Turner have accepted positions with the Orr Fellowship, an Indianapolis-based entrepreneurial-focused program.

With an annual acceptance rate of 5 percent, the Orr Fellowship is a two-year program for recent college graduates that envelops full-time work experience with a curriculum focusing on community involvement, professional development, and leadership.

“Ball State has empowered me to achieve my goals through building connections,” Ramos said. “I have an amazing support system that has built me up and provided opportunities for me to flourish. Being accepted in the Orr Fellowship is a great accomplishment. I look forward to building my career foundation in Indianapolis with the support of the Orr Fellowship and my host company, FirstPerson.”

Pursuing her bachelor’s degree in marketing with a minor in entrepreneurial management, Ramos found herself immersed in various organizations inside and outside of the University.

Turner is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in sport administration with a minor in marketing. He found himself involved in a number of organizations, as well as being a player for the Ball State men’s volleyball team.

“I would have to attribute some of my success to being a student-athlete,” Turner said. “I also took the chance to get involved with Moov Media, which is a student-run digital marketing agency.”

Engrossed in their various endeavors during their time as Ball State students, Ramos and Turner have displayed commitment to the University and a desire to not only succeed, but exceed all expectations of college students.

Ramos, a member of the Miller College of Business Honors Program, has lectured at five public speaking events on campus, including a Ball State University Foundation Board of Directors meeting.

“I learned that business is about people, not business,” Ramos said. “So now, it is my turn to support others and allow them to flourish.”

Turner said Ball State faculty are committed to his success.

“A huge part of how Ball State has empowered me is through its faculty,” Turner said. “The professors I’ve had are nothing short of incredible, humble, and caring. The support system they have provided me with has been very helpful in my own professional and personal development as an individual.”

Follow Us